Wednesday, January 12, 2011
We made two trips from the boat to the reef with a rest break in between. We had a nice time and saw some pretty fish and coral. Unfortunately this area is one that has seen quite a bit of damage so a "Blue Planet" experience will have to wait for a different location.
We made lunch in bright sunshine and 80 degree temperatures but as we headed back the clouds came in followed by thick fog. By the time we made it back to the mooring field visibility was down to under 100 feet. We got tied up safely and the fog lifted enough for Jim to get back to his boat. We went over later for a great dinner. We left early as the wind was starting to rise.
This morning we are seeing winds gusting to 30 knots and waves at 1 to 2 feet so our plan to go downtown will have to wait.
at January 12, 2011
I know that I have shared a bit of this with some of you individually so to you I apologize but it is just easier this way. 2. My renewed ...
I was invited by Nick to help him move his Swan 46 from Key West to Galveston TX a distance across the Gulf of Mexico of about 7500 nau...
There has always been a great interest in knowing how much to budget for the cruising life. The answer is always "it depends." I t...
A friend sent me the following announcement of a new marine store here in Milwaukee: Inner Harbor Marine (IHM), Milwaukee's fully indep...