I have spent the last day taking more stuff off the outer hull of Reboot. Since it is midday it is still hot and muggy so this evening when it cools a bit I will finalize the deck area by removing the remaining items such as the grill. I have spidered the boat. Our biggest concern is that the floating finger docks will break loose. We have them secured to the pilings and boats so hopefully they will not be able to work back and forth.
The forecast track took a nasty turn to the west (lean to the left) in the last 12 hours and the forecast has gotten worse accordingly. We were forecast for gale force winds last evening, as I write this the forecast is for hurricane force winds. We have a couple of bridges and the hotel buildings that will do something to the wind force, that is still to be determined. I still have one big trawler next to me that has not taken down his canvas, has his stern pointed in the direction of the expected winds and has not put out any extra lines. I have spoken to the marina about him and they tell me he has promised to do more to secure his boat. I certainly hope so.
We are back to hanging out and waiting for Irene.
Kanchanaburi, Thailand Roger & XO/Reboot/USA60493/Doc US 1046300 Fair winds and following seas 😊
There has always been a great interest in knowing how much to budget for the cruising life. The answer is always "it depends." I t...
I was invited by Nick to help him move his Swan 46 from Key West to Galveston TX a distance across the Gulf of Mexico of about 7500 nau...
I had a great conversation with Jerome "Jerry" Sullivan today to bring me up to speed on Merlin's future racing plans. Merl...