Sunday, October 23, 2011
Bock Marine #3
I had a frustrating day. The weather was very nice and I decided to attack the broken hinges on the front hatch. Ken (of Bock Marine) and I had tried to pop rivet them back together. This had been the original fastner. We had great difficulty getting them to hold so I decided to put in hex head cap screws. Regular screws would not work as the heads were too big to go into the recess. After a trip to the hardware store I got everything together and fixed the hinges. I then tried to spread bedding compound on the hatch so that I could finish the job. After getting everything cleaned and ready I opened the tube of bedding compound only to find that it was hardened and I could not use it. Oh well, another day.
at October 23, 2011
Kanchanaburi, Thailand Roger & XO/Reboot/USA60493/Doc US 1046300 Fair winds and following seas 😊
There has always been a great interest in knowing how much to budget for the cruising life. The answer is always "it depends." I t...
I was invited by Nick to help him move his Swan 46 from Key West to Galveston TX a distance across the Gulf of Mexico of about 7500 nau...
I had a great conversation with Jerome "Jerry" Sullivan today to bring me up to speed on Merlin's future racing plans. Merl...