The National Weather Service in Newport/Morehead City has issued
a Winter Storm Warning for all of eastern North Carolina... which
is in effect from 10 am Tuesday to 4 PM EST Wednesday.
* Accumulations... snow accumulation of 4 to 8 inches with locally
higher amounts. Some minor ice accretion or sleet may occur
along coastal sections.
* Timing... Tuesday morning through Wednesday. The heaviest
snowfall will occur Tuesday night.
* Impacts... driving will become very hazardous... especially
Tuesday night when the heaviest snow is expected.
* Winds... north 10 to 15 mph with gusts up to 25 mph.
* Temperatures... remaining steady in the 20s.
* Wind chill... as low as 8 above.
A Winter Storm Warning for heavy snow means severe winter weather
conditions are expected or occurring. Significant amounts of snow
are forecast that will make travel dangerous. Only travel in an
emergency. If you must travel... keep an extra flashlight...
food... and water in your vehicle in case of an emergency. Never
use a generator indoors. Gas grills, generators, and Camp stoves
create deadly Carbon monoxide fumes that will build up when used
in your home.