How do I hate thee? Let me count the ways...
1. You run Northwest to Southeast. Backwards! So when I travel South you make me go Northeast and vice versa.
2, Your winds are adverse. If I wanr to cross the Gulf Stream your winds will be wrong. If the winds are from the South I can avoid you and cross the stream. But if the winds are from the North and I want to continue south to wait for a better day your winds will be in my face.
3. You are wide open so I feel the full brunt of the weather and wind.
4. You are very shallow so the smallest breeze kicks up nasty waves,
5. Your channel is 100 feet wide so I am constantly on alert that you don't blow me onto the shallows.
6. You are full of nasty eddies and currents so I can't use the autopilot unless I want to run aground.
7. You are long and boring and a miserable excuse for a passage route.
Fair winds and following seas :)
At anchor. Pretty bay. All OK.
PRECISE NAVIGATION! The passenger steamer SS Warrimoo was quietly knifing its way through the waters of the mid-Pacific on its way from ...
There has always been a great interest in knowing how much to budget for the cruising life. The answer is always "it depends." I t...
Proving it is not easy to get internet and phone service that keeps working in Indonesia. Fair winds and following seas :)