Wet and Wild
The Plan: Jacksonville, FL to Port Morant, Jamaica, to and through the Panama Canal.
- 10 days
- 7 cold fronts
- Maximum winds 40 knots
- Minimum winds 0 knots
- Average winds 25 to 35 knots
- Maximum seas 15 - 18 feet.
- Minimum seas 2 feet
- Average seas 10 to 12 feet
- Lowest pressure 990 mb
- Highest pressure 1010 mb
- Highest instantaneous boat speed 16.9 knots
- 1 waterspout at about 10 NM from Reboot
- 3 thunderstorms
- 1 1/4 crew injuries (laceration of head from hitting tang on winch, minor black and blue from refrigerator door dropping on finger)
- Fresh water supply polluted with sea water
- 1 hatch cover cracked
- Percentage of time comfortably cruising - 3%
- Percent of time hanging on for dear life - 97%
- Destination reached - Oriental, North Carolina, USA.
- 1099 NM traveled
March is not a fun month to be in the Atlantic Ocean
Fair winds and following seas :)