- 10 days
- 7 cold fronts
- Maximum winds 40 knots
- Minimum winds 0 knots
- Average winds 25 to 35 knots
- Maximum seas 15 - 18 feet.
- Minimum seas 2 feet
- Average seas 10 to 12 feet
- Lowest pressure 990 mb
- Highest pressure 1010 mb
- Highest instantaneous boat speed 16.9 knots
- 1 waterspout at about 10 NM from Reboot
- 3 thunderstorms
- 1 1/4 crew injuries (laceration of head from hitting tang on winch, minor black and blue from refrigerator door dropping on finger)
- Fresh water supply polluted with sea water
- 1 hatch cover cracked
- Percentage of time comfortably cruising - 3%
- Percent of time hanging on for dear life - 97%
- Destination reached - Oriental, North Carolina, USA.
- 1099 NM traveled
Wednesday, April 1, 2015
Wet and Wild
The Plan: Jacksonville, FL to Port Morant, Jamaica, to and through the Panama Canal.
March is not a fun month to be in the Atlantic Ocean
Fair winds and following seas :)
It has been raining most of the last three days. Everything is slippery. It is well known among cruisers that falling down the companionway ...
Proving it is not easy to get internet and phone service that keeps working in Indonesia. Fair winds and following seas :)
There has always been a great interest in knowing how much to budget for the cruising life. The answer is always "it depends." I t...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUcT0PdkcUo&sns=em Fair winds and following seas :)