- You can not use the Chrome browser to find and download charts
- You can not use the Microsoft Edge browser to find and download charts
- You must use Internet Explorer (available in Windows 10 if you use the search function and search for Internet Explorer)
- You must have a Garmin account
- You must have registered your chart plotter in your Garmin account
Wednesday, February 10, 2016
Downloading Garmin Charts
Allow me to save you a lot of time. As we are about to pass thru the Panama Canal I wanted to purchase and download new charts for our 52x2 chart plotters. They download to SD cards. After 5 1/2 hours of frustration let me offer the following:
At this point you will actually be able to discover what charts you need, pay for them, and download them to a SD card on your computer.
Fair winds and following seas :)
It has been raining most of the last three days. Everything is slippery. It is well known among cruisers that falling down the companionway ...
Proving it is not easy to get internet and phone service that keeps working in Indonesia. Fair winds and following seas :)
There has always been a great interest in knowing how much to budget for the cruising life. The answer is always "it depends." I t...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUcT0PdkcUo&sns=em Fair winds and following seas :)