- You can not use the Chrome browser to find and download charts
- You can not use the Microsoft Edge browser to find and download charts
- You must use Internet Explorer (available in Windows 10 if you use the search function and search for Internet Explorer)
- You must have a Garmin account
- You must have registered your chart plotter in your Garmin account
Wednesday, February 10, 2016
Downloading Garmin Charts
Allow me to save you a lot of time. As we are about to pass thru the Panama Canal I wanted to purchase and download new charts for our 52x2 chart plotters. They download to SD cards. After 5 1/2 hours of frustration let me offer the following:
At this point you will actually be able to discover what charts you need, pay for them, and download them to a SD card on your computer.
Fair winds and following seas :)
Can send.email but not receive. Sat phone terrible. Between IO and Pacific sats. Every once in a while enough connectivity to send. Waiting ...
PRECISE NAVIGATION! The passenger steamer SS Warrimoo was quietly knifing its way through the waters of the mid-Pacific on its way from ...
Proving it is not easy to get internet and phone service that keeps working in Indonesia. Fair winds and following seas :)
There has always been a great interest in knowing how much to budget for the cruising life. The answer is always "it depends." I t...