Saturday, December 10, 2011

Looking for a weather window

With my unexpected heart surgery I am still in New Bern long after I had intended to depart.  Ed and Claudia (Door into Summer) took the run to Bock Marine to get their fuel tanks cleaned yesterday.  On the way down they discovered that their wind instrument was not longer working.  Since they had just replaced their radar they think that a wire got disconnected while pulling the new radar wire in the mast.

This brings us back to Reboot.  I would love to leave but the offshore weather has been terrible and the forecast for the next week is worse.  I hate the ICW.  It looks like hating the ICW is going to trump going offshore in 7 to 10 foot waves.  I am hoping to leave on Monday.  If all works out then I would meet up with Ed and Claudia sometime in the following couple of days.

I will keep you all informed.

Fair winds and following seas.

No comments:

Post a Comment