It is early morning. I am in utc + 12. In other words it is 12 hours earlier in London. Half of my day is spent in tomorrow (take that, Anne) until midnight catches up. For my friends and family 3/4 of my day is their yesterday (and my troubles seem so far away.) An overcast morning. I just put up the full main. I always reef down at night in case I get a storm or the wind picks up. Trying to reef in the dark while half asleep is no fun as I learned on my maiden solo voyage to Newfoundland. The wind is still very light and I am being set by the waves. My heading is 220 T and my track is 250 T. The good news is the waves have moderated to about 1 foot. It is a very smooth ride. If the clouds burned off it would be a perfect day to take friends sailing. Sit around the cockpit, have a beer or two, and shoot the breeze while Reboot takes care of herself.
I am still fence sitting about New Caledonia vs direct Australia. I still have a day to make the decision. The issue is food. I don't need fuel. I make water and electricity. The only thing I can run out of is food. I have enough for the trip even if I am becalmed for a couple of days. I am not sure after that. I will have to take an inventory today and make sure I really have a decision to make.
Fair winds and following seas :)
Post a Comment