Now that I have committed to leave of course I want to get out of here. The air temperature this morning was 43.5 degrees, the water temperature was 42. Not very comfortable. Getting ready to go means that I am reviewing the weather every day. I have two route choices - go out Hampton Roads, cross the Gulf Stream, and head South, or take the ICW to Morehead City, cross the Gulf Stream and head South. Looking at the weather for the next week there are gale force winds off Cape Hatteras. The first weather window is next Sunday. The plan, therefore, is to depart early tomorrow morning (when it is forecast to get up to 60 degrees) and head for Morehead City. I have 6 days to make it. The trip normally takes three but with the short days it will take a extra day or two
Fair winds and following seas :)
Ever wonder what Facebook is saving? Browse the left column. Roger J Jones s/v Reboot
Proving it is not easy to get internet and phone service that keeps working in Indonesia. Fair winds and following seas :)
There has always been a great interest in knowing how much to budget for the cruising life. The answer is always "it depends." I t...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUcT0PdkcUo&sns=em Fair winds and following seas :)