Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Rain Today - Gale Force Winds Tomorrow

I didn't make it out today. No only was it raining - something I could have coped with, but the marine forecast for tomorrow is gale force winds. Since the forecast for today was heavy rain and tomorrow light rain I figured I would get everything ready for a very early morning departure. That way even if I got hung up by the railroad bridges on the Elizabeth River I would still make Deep Creek lock for the final lock through. Then beep beep beep - weather alert. Gale force winds predicted in the Southern Chesapeake from Little Creek Inlet to the Hampton Bay Bridge Tunnel. In other words, the first 10 NM of my route. Great. At least I am getting a bunch of small boat projects done.

Fair winds and following seas :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

More on the Indonesian volcano. We are now 300 nautical miles west of it. We met many nice people in our visit to the area. We hope the are all safe.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-41395831 Fair winds and following seas :)