I am back in St. Pierre after a terrible night. Tired, so a quick summary:
1. The wind went from nothing on the bow to 30 knots on the stern.
2. Wave went from 1 to 3 feet to 10 to 12 feet.
3. Ripped the main sail
4. XO puked
5. Toilet overflowed
6. TV broke loose and smashed a wall lamp.
7. Wall lamp bracket got revenge and punched a hole in the back of the TV (the TV apparently still works thank goodness.)
8. Pretty much everything I had left out ended up on the wet floor.
I love the cruising life!
I was invited by Nick to help him move his Swan 46 from Key West to Galveston TX a distance across the Gulf of Mexico of about 7500 nau...
There has always been a great interest in knowing how much to budget for the cruising life. The answer is always "it depends." I t...
A friend sent me the following announcement of a new marine store here in Milwaukee: Inner Harbor Marine (IHM), Milwaukee's fully indep...