I am in Liverpool/Brooklyn Nova Scotia waiting out yet another forecast gale. It is really quite amazing. The wind today was almost non-existent. The forecast for tomorrow is once again light winds but the waves are kicking up from Igor - forecast to be 10 to 12 feet. Then on Monday winds building to 35 knots, Tuesday diminishing to 20 knots, and Wednesday increasing back to 25 knots from the Southwest (which is of course the exact direction that I am trying to go. When I wake up tomorrow morning the forecast could have changed completely. This is because the weather up here is very unpredictable. The combination of the Gulf Stream and the Labrador Current really stirs things up.
I have been joined by two other (Canadian) boats - HOBO II and H2OBO (Water Hobo.) We are all trying to get South, HOBO II to Panama, H2OBO to the Bahamas. Just at dusk another boat pulled in - 4 guys on their way to the Virgins. Have not really gotten to know them yet, we will see if they join our happy band.
More of the stories of my transits from hell over the next couple of days.
Post a Comment