I have been successfully procrastinating for several months on the grounds that it has been too hot to work on Reboot. Of course I was also able to use Hurricane Irene as an excuse. That was good for a week of getting ready and then a week of getting unready. I actually started to get some stuff done a couple of days ago as it had cooled off a bit. But now it has cooled off with a vengeance! I woke in the middle of the night to find it about 45 degrees F in Reboot. I had previously put on long pj's and was using a light blanket. I got up and pulled out my sleeping bag that I use when the temperature gets low. XO of course is now safely burrowed into the sleeping bag where I expect him to remain unless he needs food or water.
The forecast for the next week is temperatures in the low 70's with night time lows in the high 40's and low 50's. It looks like time to put the A/C unit away and recommission the propane heater.
I would love to procrastinate further but I really want to get to Green Cove Springs and haul Reboot before the winter season. So time to put on my winter clothing and get the work I need to do done.
Fair winds and following seas.
I was invited by Nick to help him move his Swan 46 from Key West to Galveston TX a distance across the Gulf of Mexico of about 7500 nau...
There has always been a great interest in knowing how much to budget for the cruising life. The answer is always "it depends." I t...
Even after many years of cruising I am still learning the ropes. I have previously mentioed "find-a-crew. It has not been as productive...