If you have been following my blog you know that I replaced all of Reboot's standing rigging in the past couple of months. I used swageless terminals (Hi-Mod) and discovered that after a few days of sailing they need to be re-tightened. At least the first couple of times while they set. For 7 of the cables this is not a problem. The fittings are out in the open, easy to see and tighten. But the last fitting is the headstay. The turnbuckle and fitting are under the furler. After a week of 20 knot winds we finally got a morning of calm. We took advantage of it to disassemble the furler, check the headstay (which was tight) and put it all back together. We then got out the Loos and static tuned the entire rig
We should be ready for our planned departure for North Tonga (Vava'u) tomorrow.
Fair winds and following seas :)
Post a Comment