Wednesday, August 24, 2011
The good news is that the predicted track continues to move toward the east. We will most likley still get strong winds and a lot of storm surge but it doesn't look quite as bad as it did yesterday. Knock on wood.
The big conversation is about staying in the marina or anchoring out. I have decided to stay here unless they kick me out. I have good ground tackle but looking at the ground tackle of some of the other boats gives me pause. It doesn't help if Reboot doesn't move only to be creamed by someone with a 20 ton boat, 5 feet of chain, and a 20 pound anchor. And believe me I have seen some of that.
So we watch and wait.
I was invited by Nick to help him move his Swan 46 from Key West to Galveston TX a distance across the Gulf of Mexico of about 7500 nau...
There has always been a great interest in knowing how much to budget for the cruising life. The answer is always "it depends." I t...
A friend sent me the following announcement of a new marine store here in Milwaukee: Inner Harbor Marine (IHM), Milwaukee's fully indep...