Tuesday, September 11, 2012

The Sailrite Sewing Machine
After several years the dodger and side panels have started to show a lot of wear. The problem is not the fabric - Sunbrella - which is surprisingly still in good shape. All of the thread has rotted out. So I have taken on the task of restitching all of the seams.  The side panels were pretty easy. But the main dodger is quite the challenge.

The picture is my Sailrite sewing machine set up on the salon table. I have not used it in about a year. Needless to say after about 30 minutes of doing everything wrong I got out the instructions. I discovered that I had threaded the machine incorrectly. After getting it threaded right I started to sew. It took about 2 minutes before the bobbin ran out of thread. But eventually I got it all together and managed to get the side panels finished and a start on the dodger.

Fair winds and following seas.

No comments:

Post a Comment