I have been working my way through Reboot's systems in preparation for our departure. Once again I checked the bilge. Unfortunately the float switch that Rob and I had repaired failed to work. Taking it apart we discovered that it had rusted to the point of failure. A walk to the boat store, 50 € and 1/2 hour in the bilge corrected the problem.
Fair winds and following seas.
Saturday, November 10, 2012
The float switch (again)
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
I was invited by Nick to help him move his Swan 46 from Key West to Galveston TX a distance across the Gulf of Mexico of about 7500 nau...
There has always been a great interest in knowing how much to budget for the cruising life. The answer is always "it depends." I t...
Fair warning - the author is my brother. After many years I was finally offered a prerelease version of Alberensa. Frankly, I was captivate...
One regret I have about my Atlantic crossing was not carrying a complete in the box bilge pump spare. I wound up having to pull it apart twice in heavy seas. It would have been easier to just replace the whole unit and repair the old one at my leisure.ReplyDelete
I added a second complete bilge pump to Reboot before the first Atlantic crossing. If the water in the bilge gets too high the second bilge pump cuts in. We also have the normal manual emergency bilge pump. One way that I discovered the problem with the switch that was replaced was the second backup pump started to cycle.ReplyDelete
I wasn't so smart back then!ReplyDelete