Rex: I heard you today on the MMSN but could not establish coms. I am on my way from Bermuda to Cork, Ireland, although it looks like I will stop in Horta in the Azores.
32 16 N
59 01 W
1. When I left Bermuda there were 4 other sailboats with me. I lost track of them the first evening. Channel 16 has been quiet and the AIS has shown no targets until today when I copied a conversation between two boats (ships?) Neither showed up on the Ais. it's lonely out here!
2. As I mentioned to Rex it looks like I will stop in the Azores (Horta) and look for a weather window to Ireland.
3. Played some Civ V today. Very complex game, still don't think I have a handle on it.
4. Screwed around for about 1/2 hour trying to make the printer work to print out the weather faxes. Did all sorts of stuff on the computer only to discover that a cable was loose on teh back of the printer. LOL
5. Failed to mention that the preferred mooring field in St George's Bermuda is "Convict Bay." Do you think they are trying to tell us something?
6. Good day, no rain, making better speed than what I considered normal. I think my new sails give me about 1 knot more than the old ones (wish I had known when I was racing!!!) It also may be a function that I am finally getting my long distance cruising legs back again, The down side is we are bobbing like a cork in the swell so rest is very difficult.
Fair winds and following seas.
To unsubscribe send me an email.
I was invited by Nick to help him move his Swan 46 from Key West to Galveston TX a distance across the Gulf of Mexico of about 7500 nau...
A friend sent me the following announcement of a new marine store here in Milwaukee: Inner Harbor Marine (IHM), Milwaukee's fully indep...
Fair warning - the author is my brother. After many years I was finally offered a prerelease version of Alberensa. Frankly, I was captivate...